You can order your repeat prescriptions at reception, over the phone or online (if you have online access).
Please note that this may take up to 48hrs for this to process, and longer if you have requested it be sent to a pharmacy (see collection days).
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS YOU MAY NOT GET ON REPEAT:
- The contraceptive pill (make appointment with a nurse to check your BP reading - as long as you have had the pill from a GP at APMC before)
- SSRI's (antidepressants)
- Controlled Drugs
You may need to book an appointment for the above, so make sure to do so in advance so as to not run out of your medication. We would recommend booking around 1-2 weeks before running out of your medication. If you forget, our walk-in clinics are always available but will result in a long wait (especially during term-time), so for the benefit of you and your GP, it is advisable to book in advance.
Please note our in-house Pharmacist Priya may contact you regarding any prescription requests.
The following pharmacies organise collections from the practice:
- Right Medicine Pharmacy (Campus) - twice daily
- Tesco Stirling - Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Strathallan Bridge of Allan - Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Lloyds Bridge of Allan - Mondays (will also deliver to Stirling - be aware a longer delivery wait for Stirling)
- Boots Stirling Thistle Centre - Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Cornton Pharmacy - Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Marshall's Menstrie - no set day
- Collect from APMC - as soon as it is ready
Please be aware, the 48-hour rule for prescriptions (minus evenings and weekends) must be taken into account before collection of your preferred pharmacy. Therefore, if you want your prescription to be ready for a Tuesday afternoon - to ensure this is the case, order on Friday.